Tagline

Sink your fangs or park your broom; the books are coming alive and I'm buried in them!

Sunday, December 8, 2013

♥~~Review~~♥ KING CAVE by Scarlett Dawn

Title: King Cave
Author: Scarlett Dawn
Series: Forever Evermore
Genre: Fantasy, Paranormal Romance
Available in: Ebook 323 pages
Expected Publication: January 1, 2014
Publisher: Escape Publishing



The long-awaited sequel to the bestselling, award-winning King Hall: the revolution is here, but the most dangerous attack may come from within...

The safe, comfortable world of Lily Ruckler and her fellow Mystical Kings and Queens is rocked to the core by the attacks at King Hall. Not only does Lily have to kill the Commoners attacking her people, she also has to assume the mantle of leadership, and bring the surviving Mysticals to King Cave. 

It should have been too much, but she is not alone. Ezra becomes her rock, her best friend, the one person who understands. As Pearl and Jack struggle with inconsolable loss, Ezra and Lily work to keep the Mys community safe in their new home, and plan a deadly retaliation. 

Their friendship saves them both...but it also draws attention. Whispers. Judgment. It's not normal for Shifters and Vampires to be friends, and when a horrifying truth is revealed, their relationship morphs from unusual to unspeakable. Lily is good at keeping secrets that could get her killed. Is she willing to risk Ezra's life as well?








Scarlett Dawn is drawn to all things quirky and off-beat. She believes there are no boundaries for an imaginative soul. Her love of the written word started from at an early age, when her grandmother would take her to bookstores every weekend. Dreams came alive within the books she found there, and now, she is thrilled to share her stories with others who have fallen under the spell of taking fantastical journeys. Scarlett resides in the Midwest with her husband, three children, and two dogs.










I have waited so long for this book to come out. I kept looking for it, waiting so impatiently, hoping each day that there would be an update as to when I could get my hands on it. And my wonderful, favorite author Scarlett did not disappoint me!! 

This book is the second installment to the Forever Evermore trilogy. 

In the last book, we were left with a war between the commoners and the Mysticals. This book opens right up where the last book left off; in the room with Lily, Ezra, Antonio, Ezra's mom, and a passed out Pearl and Jack. It is their mission to get Pearl, Jack, and the rest of the Mysticals they can save to safety; to King Cave.

King Cave was a myth. A story told by Antonio that Lily didn't really believe was true. Until she sees it for herself. As she travels to King Cave with the Mysticals she was able to save, she begins to wonder if she was really the chosen person for this job. What she doesn't know is what is in store for her.

There is a little bit of drag to the good part. The part I have been waiting for. The part that I was begging Scarlett in King Hall to "get on with it!!". Oh, she did not disappoint me!!! Ezra and Lily are so raw and steamy I could barely contain myself!! Holy Crap!!! I knew it was going to be good but I didn't know it was going to be that good!! There is so much going on between the two in the beginning of this book that you don't know the story from the hole in your butt! You hate him, and then you love him, and then you hate him!! I swear you are transported to King Cave and are in Lily's body and all you want to do is throw something at him!! LOL

But, Ezra does not disappoint us either. He has a few tricks up his sleeve and the truth comes out. And when it does, you WILL be FLOORED!! I could not believe what happens between the two of them. And it's only half way through the book. I thought, "Holy Crap!! What else is going to happen??!!"

After the middle of the book's emotional turmoil, things begin to pick up with the war and the relationships between everyone. But the calm waters don't last long as a terrible secret comes out that stops everyone in their tracks and threatens to break the whole group up. Not only between Lily and Ezra, but between Jack and Pearl!!

There comes a lull when all four of them are sent to find their prodigies, but something amazing, but very wrong happens that turns out to save their asses later in the story. 

The end is going to kill you. It is going to rip out your heart, twist it around, shove it back down your throat, and then crack you in the chest to get it starting again. I can't believe you did this to me Scarlett!! I was in tears!! I couldn't sleep for two days!! Then the cliffhanger on top of that!!?? WHY!!!??? I kept screaming at my Nook, "COME ON LILY!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!" 

This story is so fantastic I can't even give it 5 stars. It isn't enough. There aren't enough stars in the sky to give this book. I can not tell you enough in this small space how much I LOVED this book. I love this series through and through. Scarlett is seamless with her delivery of the story. She doesn't miss a beat and no author can leave you in the kind of suspense as she can. You are magnificent Scarlett and I CAN'T wait for book # 3; the final one in this trilogy. 

Infinite Stars!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment