Tagline

Sink your fangs or park your broom; the books are coming alive and I'm buried in them!

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

♥Review♥ SURRENDER by Rhiannon Paille

Title: Surrender
Series: The Ferryman + The Flame #1
By: Rhiannon Paille
Published: October 2nd, 2012 by Createspace



Blurb-
How far would you go to save everything you ever loved?




Kaliel was warned about her love for the Ferryman. One day he will marry the land and leave Avristar forever. She doesn't listen, and because of what she is-- a Flame-- one of nine apocalyptic weapons, she sparks a war. In a desperate attempt to save her home and her love, Kaliel tries to awaken Avred, not knowing she may have to make the ultimate sacrifice.






As you can tell from the cute little pics on my blog...I ♥ Fantasy!! and This book didn't take away from that. I can say it has been awhile since the last time I read a book about Elves. It certainly made this book all the more on my TBR. I read this book in a matter of hours. So, please, spare me! My review may be all over the place because I read it so fast!

I love that this book makes me feel like I am reading a fairy tale. I love fairy tales! Who doesn't love fairy tales?!? This book is just as beautiful as it's cover! Have you seen the cover by the way? I love her! I love her! I love her! She is everything I thought of when I read about the elves. Right down to the fantastic ears!!

What I thought was really cool was how the author wrote the story that the elves find out what their plans for the future are. Instead of letting the story kind of take it's course, she made things very specific. Although, it's not like the Great Oak makes it easy. It reminds me of Jesus and the parables. He tells you something in mystery and you have to figure it out. But can you imagine living the way they do? No love, no marriage, no nothing? Just going on your day to day living by how the Great Oak says you have to? UUUGGG!!! Talk about boring!!

Oh but wait....then it happens...Let me introduce you to Kaliel and Krishani. They fall in love the instant that they meet! They spend so much time pinning for each other that I wanted to throw the book! I was so frustrated with the fact that the author made me sit through all of it! Yet, at the same time, the story is meant to play out that way. Not that it is a smooth ride for them. Cuz see, destiny says they have to live a certiain way. Bwaahaahahaa!! Says who?

This book starts of pretty slow I think. But, as the story progresses, I couldn't put it down. I wanted so much for the story to keep going. But, then again, I would still be reading right now instead of writing this wonderful review for you! I definitely give this book 4.5 stars!!!



"Sink your fangs or park your broom; the books are coming alive and I'm buried in them!"




2 comments:

  1. I love fantasy books and have considered reading this one for a long time. I have heard a lot of mixed things though so I've put it off (plus I have too many to read already). The fact you really liked it has me thinking I may have to try to move it up my reading list though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I saw the cover I was intrigued. I knew it was going to be about Elves and there aren't that many fantasy books about elves anymore. So that was very refreshing. You definitely have to read it! It's very much outside of the box thinking!

      Delete