Title: Swift (Swift, #1) and Crest (Swift, #2)
Author: Heather London
A girl totally unaware of her destiny.
Two men who will stop at nothing to take her power.
One family who will do whatever it takes to keep her safe.
After graduating from high school, Meredith is ready to leave the place that has been a constant reminder of what happened to her as a child. She was just eight years old when her family died in a mysterious car accident, taking the secret of her destiny with them. It’s not until a new family moves to town that she realizes leaving may not be as easy as she once thought.
Meredith feels an instant connection towards the Harpers, especially the good-looking, mysterious Blake and his overly friendly sister, Abby. After a series of bizarre events that happen too often to be coincidence, Meredith begins to realize that she is at the center of something larger than herself—possibly the same thing that killed her parents and twin sister many years ago. Nightmarish visions and resurfacing memories push Meredith closer to Blake, leading her to discover her destiny and other buried secrets.
As Meredith tries to understand her new world, she will be put to the ultimate test, and her strength and courage will be challenged more than she ever imagined.
Meredith thought she was safe.
She thought the people she loved would always be there.
She was wrong.
Just as Meredith begins to embrace her new world, her life is again turned upside down. She finds herself traveling across the world to pursue the one person who has the knowledge and power to help her. As Meredith struggles with who to trust and what to do next, she is unaware that the biggest battle of her life is fast approaching.
OK. I know everyone is doing the giveaway thing and of course I have to join in on the fun!!
But, mine is a little different. You won't find a rafflecopter here! No. Instead, we get to have a scavenger hunt. And I promise. It isn't complicated. All you have to do is:
Look at the clues below. On a Microsoft Word document, put your answers. Email those answers to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must answer ALL of the clues correctly to win.
A signed paperback copy of Swift by Heather London
An E-book copy of Swift by Heather London
1-Bookmark from Heather London
1-Bookmark from Buried Under Books Blog
1-Book Jar (to store all of your TBR pile) from Buried Under Books Blog
1-Bookmark from Buried Under Books Blog
In order to get first prize, you must be the first to submit all 10 correct answers. Second and third prizes will be given to the second and third person to submit all 10 correct answers. The giveaway will go on until Halloween.
10. Located 12 kilometers north of the small industrial city of Siauliai is a hill where mysterious crosses appear.
9. This place includes the name of three Roman Catholic cemeteries. It is located in New Orleans, Louisiana. It is said that the renown Voodoo priestess Marie Laveau rests here.
8. Located in Edinburgh, Scotland. It is said that the plague struck here and the people affected were bricked up and left to die. This place has the nickname “street of sorrows”.
7. This castle was built in 1250 and was sold in 1659. After the sale, it is said that numerous people were imprisoned and died here. During the renovations, it took three cartloads to get all the human bodies out of this Oubliette.
6. This is said to be the resting place of hundreds of children at the hands of a serial killer. The serial killer is the inspiration behind Bluebeard. It is said that the victim’s bodies were stuffed in walls, dropped down chimneys, and buried around this site.
5. Vlad the Implaer's main fortress. Located in Wallachia. It takes 1,500 steps to reach the top of it.
4. Burial catacombs that hold many high standing officials, including friars and monks. Located in Sicily, Italy. Bodies are dehydrated on ceramic pipes.
3. Home to plague victims during major outbreaks in the middle ages. It's an island. In 1922 a mental hospital was built here.
2. A forest that lies at the base of Mount Fuji. Locals say that the forest has paranormal activity. It has the second highest suicide rate in the world.
1. These chests, buildings, wells, or sites are scattered all over Europe. They hold skeletal remains. They are used when burial space is limited.
I hope you enjoyed the post and the scavenger hunt!! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!