Tagline

Sink your fangs or park your broom; the books are coming alive and I'm buried in them!

Sunday, July 14, 2013

15 Day Blogger Challenge-Day 1

15 day blogger challenge 2

Make 15 Book Related Confessions:

1. I don't have a preference between hardback and paperback. I know some people care that an entire series has to be one or the other or they only collect one or the other. I am not picky. As long as I have the book, that is all that matters.

2. I can't help myself to finish collecting a series before I start reading it. I mean, come on, who wants to start reading a series and you read faster than you can find the next book? Then what? Reference # 6 on this.

3. I choose books by their covers. I know this sounds bad but I really LOVE a good cover! I don't even care what the book is about. The cover is BEAUTIFUL!

4. I roll over for anything conspiracy theory. Hee Hee...I love a good conspiracy. Keep my mind going :)

5. I prefer to buy Indie Author books. I like traditional published books as well but Indie Books are usually cheaper and I can buy more of them on the same budget. Also, sometimes I don't want all the fluff so I can get an Indie Novella and it gets right to the point.

6. I never pay full price for a book. Never...Ever...Ever...Ever. I don't find it financially pliable to pay full price for a book because I can buy numbers of books from a consignment shop for the price of that one book. Even the books from # 7 I got at Half Price Books for $3.99 because I wouldn't pay $12.99 for it on Amazon.

7. The longest I went collecting a book was 10 years. It was Holy Blood, Holy Grail by Michael Baigent, Richard Leigh, and Henry Lincoln. I recently found it at Half Price Books and I cried. I seriously had tears coming down my face walking to the check out because I could not believe I actually found it.

8. I never limit myself to just one genre. I prefer to open my horizons and see what is out there. I never used to read YA, Romance, or Historical Fiction until about a year ago and now I wonder, "What the hell was I thinking?!?"

9. I am  a sucker for a good romance novel. I know everyone pretty much is but I simply can't help myself. I will surch for hours on Kindle or Nook for a good romance novel when I get in the mood.

10. I have more E-books than hard copies. I know this is probably true for everyone considering how easy it is to get them and you don't have to have the space to store them like a traditional book shelf. But, mine is only higher because I don't always have the time to go looking for hard copies. But, my addiction makes me buy at least one a day.

11. I rarely pay for an E-Book. I know! I'm terrible! But I love getting free e-books and I will search through them for hours until I find one good book that I want to download. I would rather put my cash towards the hard copies.

12. I almost always pick a paranormal book over anything else. I love reading about vampires, witches, ghosts, and such. Even if the book isn't that great. Isn't that terrible? LOL

13. I usually look to see if someone is a book collector/reader when I go into their homes. If they aren't, I don't judge but I don't hang around with them as often.

14. My addiction has worn off on my best friend. She would read a book from time to time until she saw I was collecting books and now she has begun to do it too. I even got her to go to the library with me!

15. I don't see any differences between the books and the movies. To me, the book is going to give all the details, but the movie is going to put them in perspective. You almost need both.


I have done my challenge. Have you done yours?!!



Buried Under Books

No comments:

Post a Comment