Tagline

Sink your fangs or park your broom; the books are coming alive and I'm buried in them!

Friday, April 5, 2013

What's wrong with cursive writing?

Ok. Maybe I am old school but I don't see why people are "outraged" that schools are starting to require kids to learn cursive writing. Why? We had to learn it. It seems that the only people that are "outraged" are the people that were never good at it in school themselves. 

I'm not going to sit here and tell you that I was the expert at cursive writing. My penmanship is sloppy at best, but I still know how to do it. My friend told me that her husband had a customer come into his store (18 years old) that did not know how to sign their name for a credit card purchase. You gave first of all an 18 year old a credit card? But more importantly; how did you get the credit card without signing for it?

This is my point...how are you going to sign contracts? Loan agreements? Or other important paperwork if you don't learn cursive writing? It's not hard to do. I know there are so many more things to teach kids in school, but I don't see any reason why a kid knows how to type but not how to sign his name. I think it is ridiculous and the people who are "outraged" need to come up off their high horse.

Why is it you are so "outraged" anyway? Don't you have anything better to do? Isn't there bigger fish out there to b**** about? Really? I know there are other activist issues out there going on that really hold much more importance. But, hey, I guess if you feel it necessary to focus on this, how about you learn cursive writing?

No comments:

Post a Comment